Monday, December 17, 2007

No fun in Mudville tonight

So. After four months of waiting. After four months of painful guessing, we heard today. E's job that he was hired for in Clackamas won't be able to take him on because their funding was cut. Even though he has interviewed for other jobs since we were told the job might not be funded (which was why we chose not to move until something was finalized), we were still hoping for this job. The perfect job for him, the chance to go back to school for me. A new start. Away from all the crap in this place.

I was surprised that I didn't just go nuts when he told me. I've been wound sooooo tightly, I was sure that I would just start yelling and crying; but I didn't. I told him I was sorry he was missing out on the job and kissed him goodbye as he headed back to work after lunch. I thought I would just wait until Q was in bed for his nap before I let myself whine and carry on.

But when the time came to do it, I just didn't want to. This whole situation has made me a nervous wreck, has destroyed what confidence I had left, and left me more in hate with this town than I was before. The mountains that surround this town make me feel trapped, trapped with only two ways out.

I've held off on so many things thinking that we were going to be gone soon. A part-time job. School. Q's first dentist appointment. A new pediatrician for Q (his just retired). Why get a bunch of things started when we were just going to move???

Now, it just seems like wasted time. All the boxes in the basement that I packed thinking it would have to be done soon, anyway. All that worry. All that anticipation. And nowhere for it to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I feel you. Email me yer digits, okay? I am so not a blogger anymore and I've lost you!

XO